When tagging out means so much more...
In 2018, the Alabama State and local chapters spent $379,562 on mission delivery projects.
- Scholarships/education – $ 19,635
- Shooting teams archery/gun – $17.537
- Acres conserved – 114,919
- Shooters created – 704
- Hunters Created – 194
- Youth outreach events – $20,085
- Conservation Seed/seed subsidy – $41,791
*Note: For every $1 spent, $5 were contributed toward the NWTF mission in Alabama. This was leveraged through partner match of federal agencies, Pittman Robertson Act, state agency acquisition funds, other organizations, private funds, grants and agreements.
- Hosted 17 youth hunts
- Sponsored numerous dove, deer, turkey seminars and trapping events
- 4 Land Owner Field Days
- Sponsored Alabama Prescribed Fire Council meeting
- Supporting sponsor of the Avid Turkey Hunter Survey
The NWTF nationally has committed:
- Conserve or enhance 4 million acres of wildlife habitat
- Create 1.5 million hunters
- Open access to 500,000 additional acres for hunting
The NWTF in Alabama is doing on their part by committing to:
- Conserve or enhance 250,000 acres of wildlife habitat
- Create 20,000 hunters
- Create 10,000 acres of public hunting acces